Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Are you as passionate about great food as I am?

First, let me tell you that I live to eat. I think about food and how much I love to cook and serve it to my family and my friends. Cooking with integrity for the ingredients is my passion. However, even when I was a well-paid Human Resources executive with a six-figure income, I was always very conscious of cost. It became a game to cook with the best, but least expensive ingredients - and, oh, yes, to cook healthy, low fat foods with those cheap ingredients.

I am a runner, and fueling my 58 year old body properly is a major concern, so you won't find me writing about anything that utilizes prepared food. Furthermore, I recall all too well how it felt to rush home from work, exhausted and stressed, and then have to cook for a family of 4. So I promise not to involve your rare free time with complicated recipes or suggestions. Finally, I recently got laid off from my job, so of course, I'm now being frugal not merely as a lifestyle choice, but for practical economic reasons.

Here's what I hope to accomplish with this blog; I want to establish a community of people who 1) love good food, 2) are pressed for time, and 3) want the food they make to be healthy and inexpensive.I have lots of suggestions to share, and I look forward to hearing from everyone who does, too.

Tomorrow, I'm going to provide the basics, and we'll see where it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I can't wait to read another Forest Hills food based blog. Here's a link to mine www.notafoodie.com

    ReplyDelete